There is nothing worse when you are condemned to a simple for no reason at all. Just stand and do nothing – in line, in official institutions, before opening a store, on the same train, finally. Why kill your “extra” time? From any situation, even from such a boring one, like standing in lines, you can benefit and enjoy.
Here are some ways to keep your child in line and other boring places. And do not get bored yourself. Choose by age, invent your own.
1. Fiz-ra, cheers! – to cheer yourself up and the baby. Straighten your shoulders and slightly raise your chin. Now rise to the socks higher, higher! Slow down a little and – drop sharply. Whose heels hit louder? After several such repetitions, the heaviness in the head and fatigue disappear.
2. Secret training. The main and only condition is that all such exercises are performed slowly. As slow as possible. And you can “work” with any part of your body. By the way, if you teach your child this kind of secret exercise and he likes it, can you imagine what benefit will be for the figure and for health in general ?! For example, you train abdominal muscles. Slowly count to six and all this time you slowly pull your stomach in. Pulled in? – hold it so (count to six). Now slowly, slowly release your muscles, returning the stomach to its original position. And again: pulled in for six, held for six as thin as possible, straightened for six. By the same principle, you can strain and release all other muscles of the body. Scientifically, this is called “static gymnastics.” First, be sure to read it out loud, then you will get used to it – and you can do without an account. Train – and the body is useful, and no one will pay attention, and time will not be wasted. By the way, you can do the same at a tedious meeting — you, at a tedious lesson — your student. When riding the subway or tram. While you are straining your whole body, you will already arrive anyway.
3. Dancing. You are dancing, only mentally, to yourself. You can quietly sing a melody without opening your lips. You can imagine yourself in a ballroom, in a disco, at least on a sports ground. The essence of such a dance: when we think, that is, focus on some part of our body (muscle group), these muscles will certainly react to our thoughts. Muscles tighten and contract in a given (by us) rhythm. And the imagination will complete the rest. By the way, pay attention to which dance you choose. His character and pace may indicate what is missing in your life (a romantic waltz, or passionate Latina, rap or belly dance). I wonder what your dear child will dance?
4. Memorization. Such exercises train mental memory well. Take a close look at something (or someone) for half a minute. Then turn away and list (in your mind) what you noticed there, remembered. Who is bigger? Then turn and check. For example, how many people are standing at the pillar? In what poses? How many men? Have children? What are they doing? Which way are they looking? Who is holding the bag? What watch is on hand, with whom? And who has a mobile phone? And so on, in the same spirit. By the way, we remember best of all that which we are very interested in. Please note what is most interested in your child, realize that you are most interested. Noticed that – different? Here is another proof of how children’s interests differ from adults.
5. Imagination. Here is an excellent training of the right hemisphere of the brain and at the same time, rest for the left, because nowadays it is mostly loaded with it. Children have a great imagination, adults have problems with this. Or maybe not? Select a person from the queue and imagine him someone (or something) other. That he, for example, is not he, but some kind of animal, or bird, or tree. Which one? And why? Who is he most like? You can imagine what animal / bird / tree he is friends with, where he comes from, why he came here. By the way, if most of the people you or your child have turned out to be cockroaches, skunks and macaques, this is an occasion to think about how you and / or he really relate to people.
6. Compositions. A conversation that accidentally reaches your ears can turn into the beginning of a fairy tale. “Once upon a time there was an ATM … And he was tired of standing still. So he thought: I’ll go travel. And one night I took it and left …” What will happen next? “People came in the morning and saw …” And what did people see? And what did they think and say? Or maybe they went looking (and where, and what did they find there)? Or maybe they decided to live without money (and what came of it)? Or maybe they hired a Doberman detective and he sniffed some other, suspicious trace? ..
7. Rhymes. Compose verses, and if it doesn’t work right away, just come up with all sorts of rhymes. The reason is the one that you see in front of you. For example, a savings bank is an infection. Put bananas in your pockets, an insect a shirt … And then try to compose stanzas according to given rhymes (“Here an insect crawls in a brand new shirt”). By the way, it’s nice to always have a notebook and pen. What if a small masterpiece comes out?
8. Guessing. One of you describes the three signs of a person from the line, and the other guesses which person you guessed. For example: shaggy hair, a bag on a strap, a ring on a finger. Condition: you can’t look for a person in the queue with your eyes, you just remember from memory.
9. Riddles. Guess what I see. Again, you need to find out what is hidden from the description. For example: round, twigs stick out in different directions, it is on a tree – what is it? Or: runs on the earth, twists its tail, sniffs the earth. Sounds like riddles that all children love so much?
10. Catch a fishing rod. Stretch your child’s hand palm down. He touches the palm with one finger. You say: “Catch, fish, small and large …” – and quickly close your hand, trying to catch the degsky finger. And your fish tries not to get caught: quickly the finger pulls away. This also includes “pads” and “pussycat-pussycat, scatter under the bench.” Probably, queues have existed for many centuries, and our intelligent ancestors also somehow adapted to them.
The greatest benefit of any of these entertainments is as follows: you fully communicate (and not tediously kill time), you learn to accept situations and people as they are. And do not dream about how it would be if … and not get angry in vain. You learn to benefit from any circumstances that throws life. And teach this to your children.